Chicken Peanut Porridge
My mummy taught me this when I was a young. She had to work and I had to eat and take care of myself and little sis. It's always that delicious and warming. Furthermore, easy and healthy for me now, as a pregnant lady.
For one serving:
• 1 chicken drumstick (wash, remove skin and fats and cut into two)
• 1 handful of peanuts (wash, soak in water for 30 minutes)
• 4 dried scallops (wash and soak then peel into smaller strips)
• 1 small bowl of rice (wash)
• Seasonings: seasme oil, salt and pepper, chinese basil
Step 1: Pour peanuts into a pot and cover with half pot of water. Boil peanuts for about 30 minutes.
Step 2: Add in dried scallops and drumstick and boil for another 5 minutes.
Step 3: Continue to boil and scoop boiling water for the bowl of rice, let the rice soak for 5 minutes.
Step 4: Pour in the rice and stir.
Step 5: Continue boiling till porridge formed (about 30 minutes' time). Add seasme oil, salt and pepper and chinese basil.
Ready to serve!