Little Kayden has slight eczema on the skin folds ie. at arms, thighs and ankles areas. It's slightly itchy and not appealing due to the redness, flaky and dry skin. But his PD - Dr. Ong Meng Choo - from KidsLink 'saved' him and now he has soft, moisturized, beautiful skin! That's what I call 'baby skin'!
What does Kayden use?
Corticosteroid cream - by DesOwen Cream 0.05%
• Use DesOwen Cream as directed by your doctor.
• Relieving inflammation and itching caused by certain skin conditions.
• It is a topical corticosteroid. It works by reducing skin inflammation (redness, swelling, itching, and irritation) by stopping the production of certain chemicals in the body.
• This cream contains two active ingredients, urea and lauromacrogols.
• Urea is a substance that is found naturally in the skin, which by its nature is very attracted to water. People with eczema and psoriasis appear to have decreased amounts of urea in their skin, so applying urea can help replace it. When urea is applied to the skin it penetrates the outer layer, where it readily absorbs and retains water. This increases the capacity of the skin to hold moisture, and the skin therefore becomes rehydrated. This soothes and softens the skin, and reduces the scaling and itching of dry skin conditions such as eczema.
• Lauromacrogols have the properties of local anaesthetics. When applied to the skin they soothe and relieve itching.
• The combination of these medicines relieves dryness and itching of the skin in scaly skin conditions such as eczema. These conditions worsen if the skin is allowed to become dried out.
Balneum Intensiv Wash
• A soap free synthetic detergent for gentle daily cleansing of dry and very dry skin.
• Contains emollient lipids and protects the skin against moisture loss.
• Contains substances which occur naturally in healthy skin and helps dry skin to retain moisture: urea(5%), ceramides and physiological lipids. These sunstances in Balneum Intensiv Wash regulate the oil and moisuture balance in the ksin and naturally regenerate the skin own barrier function.
• Contains no perfumes, preservative or colours. Contains only ingredients selected using dermatological standards, and is therefore well tolerated by the skin.
•It is especially suited for people with sensitive skin and for skin which reacts to soap porducts.
• Ingredients: Urea EPA 5.0%, Ceramide 3 0.01%
• Produced with high-tech methods, is modelled after the natural skin barrier.
• Able to deliver into the deeper layers of the epidermis (upper skin layer) the lipids and ceramides in the cream, which are developed from skin lipids and skin ceramides, and thereby reduce moisture loss. The protecting skin barrier achieves long-lasting regeneration.
• Is recommended for: Atopic dermatitis · Flaky skin · Diabetes · Dry skin · Sensitive skin · Persons who have skin allergies · highly stressed skin · older persons with itchy skin · baby's and children's sensitive skin
• Contains especially mild tensides in the right amounts for good skin care.
• Contains DMS®, made of physiological lipids similar to those found in the skin itself, and
moisturising substances, helping your skin while showering to keep its natural moisture balance.
Even sensitive, dry skin becomes noticeably softer and smoother.
• For gentle cleansing: sensitive skin - dry skin - itchy skin - atopic dermatitis and flaky skin - allergic skin - acne, eczema or rosacea - irritated skin (i.e. sunburned, etc.) - tender baby’s and children’s skin
Disclaimer: This information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This drug information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug of drug combination is safe, effective, or appropriate for any given patient. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.